Normal and Abnormal

 Where do people draw normalcy? What makes something appear or seem normal? What empties the abnormally in a normal? What differentiates abnormal from a normal?. Today were the first time I asked those questions in a mid-conversation with a colleague of mine. We sat talking for the first time, she sat at shadow while I barked in the sun. I firstly confessed, "I know you said we could talk later but I had looked for you in class and you were no where to be found". we began confabulating, she had a discoloured eye she didn't want me or anybody to see which we couldn't, cause she wore dark shades, she drew my attention to it and told me how painful it was, I asked what had caused it, she replied, raping many words together but I heard eyelashes, eyes and infection. she asked me why I sat in sun, I replied "it was warm and deserving" looking down to redial the person's number I was waiting for, for the third time. She said she couldn't sit in sun and I asked why, she gave a reminisce story of how since basic class, she has been warned about the hazardous exposure to sun ray and about how the ozone layer depletion would have worsen since then. Went on to discuss how this exposure can affect our body drawing reference to Harishimma bomb, how it has affected the country it had exploded and the genetic modification/mutation that has followed afterwards. I then replied "I think things are just changing, not just ray, exposure or mutation but there's this force causing things to change, everything is changing" I said, I continued "things aren't as normal as it was"...., then I stopped "what is even normal, what makes something normal" is it when it corelates with what I tend to believe it should be, is it science, what makes me think a thing is abnormal? or behavioral tendency from a person could be termed abnormal or more simply what makes me think me/mine or anybody('s) is the normal"?.

Maybe a normal is a social construct used to demean people who are less likely to identify with what others look like, feel like, or act. A way of thought that dismisses what something or somebody in it's truest nature is, a dismissal of the possibility of the existence of another variant of normalcy. A defensive mechanism to conserve what we used to know, how it used to be, and more bigotedly how it should be. Abnormal is cascaded like a corpse without a known relative, everybody want a view but nobody want to be related to the person. People continue to mainstream persons and things on how they should look, talk, love, live or act and this is done on what they perceived is normal and if behave otherwise are termed abnormal, leaving such people bound to a set rules and other's choices, perception and ideas and becoming version of persons they don't even like instead of living their lives.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts