Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists (TERFs).

I sat in the next table, a little farther away from their table but could hear all of their conversation even though it was in the library. They sounded very educated, liberals I guess, they were young women, four of them in their early 20s or mid at most. The littler one with a spongy green dyed hair was replying to the other thinner one. "I don't believe trans women are women, infact I do not classify them as such". The other tipped in "even when they observe the natural cycles of a biological female?" she continued "Yes, being a woman goes beyond my genitals, for me. Claiming to be what I am which clearly you came to be, is forged identity, and I don't mean this in a bad way but they have not shared same experience as a biological woman. I'm not saying trans people shouldn't be, but they can't be equated to the trans sex which they have fully adopted, I think rather, there should be a whole word describing them, as women for us and not conclusively dabble both entity into one. The darker one with blond hair asked "so do you think trans women should have the same right as biological women?". She replied, "Firstly I don't think anybody should be awarded/hold more right more than the other and this goes for all genders, but in situations where a trans woman is to compete in sports with just biological women, I don't think is fair to anyone of them to get a real defined winner, knowing fully well that trans people still retain some of their ex-gender/biological sex  characteristics".  "So you are a TERF?" the thinner one asked her, looking at her with a mix of curiosity and judgement. "I don't know what that means though, but if it means what I said, then I am"..she replied.

Share your idea in the comments section on trans women exclusion from women umbrella by TREFs? 

Comments

  1. TERFs are mean people. Point-blank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that people keep finding new ways to complicate their lives. It just hurts my head thinking of the simple and complex possibilities of life.
    'You are not even a real woman...' Heck, we could have transexuals who later decide that they identify as gay. What do you call a man who becomes a transfemale and is love with women? Will you say, they are not actually or fully gay? No one reading this comment should judge that I am blowing things out of proportion.
    I don't really know what is right and what is wrong. Must not have digested that fruit from the book of Genesis well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I fully get what you're saying. trans women can become lesbians because they have fully adopted the female characteristics. I don't think been trans is a complication though, I think is a way of discovering oneself and finding true happiness in their reality and that's is life fullest complication, not being trans but the the process of discovering. What do I know?...

      Delete
  3. Wow... so deep... in the area of sport its so not fair to include transwomen in female categories and transman in male category, they should have their own sport category... The world is a mystery, I won't judge anyone for changing their sexuality and genitals, that's how they feel comfortable, so be it... let's live our life , without judging people, no body is perfect and always remember the world is a mystery, no one actually knows what qualifies something as being truly wrong or right...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I agree with the first speakers position that trans women are not women but trans women..we can talk about inclusivity but if we are being honest it’s reality not the same..take the sports example for one…however I’ll do more reading on the topic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understanding. Look forward to reading more of your findings about the topic

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts